badge

badge
of course, it's:

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

right wrong left write


   My mistakes acrue as I attempt to get it right. I've done a bit of experimenting with color and contrast for my photos. If you have your own blog you have already done this, or perhaps you're one of those people who takes excellent photographs from day one. Thats not me, as you can tell if you peruse my photographs, PLEASE DON"T.  I have this strange passive aggressive relationship with my blog. Perhaps I should be keeping a journal instead. I just don't want to put this blog out there. But I like the format of a blog and the idea of an actual, if imaginary, audience.
   I also preordered a copy of Kate McKinnons "Contemporary Geometric Beadwork" first and second book set; which is now in pre-order. I've been looking at the cover of this book for a while and seeing and reading about all the amazing things people were making. I thought it would be too advanced for me. But I've been toiling away at my little two dimensional shapes and yesterday I read from Kate's blog, which led me on a journey of discovery to her youtube videos and back to  the photos of the actual beadwork created from the book. Wonder of wonders, my work paid off, I could see what Kate was doing and understand it. I think I can do it at least the modified right angle weave, which she calls MRAW
pentagon

No comments: